In a paid interview on Australia’s Nine Network’s 60 Minutes programme, Mr Habib also alleged an Australian official watched as he was tortured in several instances.

However the charge has again been denied by federal Attorney-General Philip Ruddock and the foreign minister’s department.

In an earlier interview with The New York Times newspaper, Mr Habib threatened to sue the Australian government for failing to protect him from the alleged systematic physical and mental abuse over his three-and-a-half years in captivity, including the use of electric shocks, beatings and the use of drugs.

Mr Habib said torture and intimidation led him to confess to having links to al-Qaeda and prior knowledge of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

“I make them happy, I want to save myself,” he said.

But he has refused to answer questions related to whether he was in Afghanistan, what he was doing in Afghanistan before he was detained, or how he funded repeated trips to the region.

“I will answer this question for you in fully in the court house, (in) front of the judge,” he said.

Mr Habib said he was in Pakistan for three months from July 2001 to find a suitable Islamic school for his children, but the government and his interrogators insist he went to Afghanistan to train with al-Qaeda.

He said shortly after he was arrested in Pakistan, an Australian official visited him at a military airport there and watched as he was tortured.

“He seen me tortured in the airport,” Mr Habib said, adding the official did not take part in the abuse.

During that particular episode of abuse, Mr Habib saiid 15 men stripped him, inserted an object into his anus, put him in a nappy and tied him up.

“They make photograph of me (in) front of him and they make video,” he said.

A spokesman for the Foreign Minister Alexander Downer confirmed Australian law enforcement officers had visited Mr Habib in Pakistan.

But the spokesman said it is outrageous to suggest they would stand by and watch an Australian being abused.

Among more details of abuses and intimidation, Mr Habib claimed US forces threatened with sexual abuse by a dog while he was held at Guantanamo Bay.

“They have a dog, they make me naked, then they bring the dog and they say this dog do sexuals with a human,” he said.

“The dog was behind me all the time but it doesn’t do anything to me, (it was) just to scare me.”

Mr Habib also detailed a pact he made with fellow Australian David Hicks, who remains in Guantanamo Bay.

“I told him, ‘If I go home and you not find me in Australia, that means I got killed, and let my family know what happened to me’,” he said.

“And he says, `No worries, I will.’ And that’s it, that’s the last time I saw him.”

Earlier this year Mr Habib was released from the US military prison in Cuba, where he was held for more than three years without charge.

He remains a person of interest to Australia’s chief spy agency ASIO.

Categories : 上海性息网

admin

Comment are closed